If you’re interested in hiring Rebecca Shafir to speak at your event, please fill out the form below or call 978 255 1817.
NOTE: This form is for speaking engagement requests ONLY
The COREageous Entrepreneur:
Four Core Skills and Routines Every Founder Needs to Succeed
Popular TV shows like Shark Tank and The Profit inspire millions of self-starters to seek fulfillment and financial independence through entrepreneurship. Exuberance is high, but so are the failure rates of new businesses. The most common reason, research shows, is because these businesses “run out of cash.” Author, speech and language pathologist and entrepreneur coach, Rebecca Shafir, looked deeper and discovered that business failure begins and ends with the behaviors of the founder: unmanaged stress, impulsivity, procrastination and poor communication. Shafir dispels the notion that passion, expertise and courage are enough to start and sustain a new business. It takes CORE. Like the core muscles that stabilize your body, you need a sturdy set of four core skills and routines to endure the rigors of entrepreneurship: emotional control, focus and follow through, communication competence and Shark (investor) readiness. If you are a wantrepreneur, an intrapreneur, or a repeat entrepreneur defy failure and get COREageous.
Key Take Aways:
- which mental and physical exercises to use to best reveal your best vocal image
- what verbal and non-verbal dynamics best augment your style and personality and which to do away with
- Specific ways to practice these techniques and how burn them into muscle memory
Instructor: Rebecca Shafir M.A.CCC
Your voice speaks volumes about you, more than what you have to say. In 8 seconds or less your average prospect will determine whether or not you are worthy of their continued attention and investment. The essence of trust, motivation, persuasion and passion are carried by the sound of your voice, the clarity of your speech and how you move.
Why sabotage yourself, your product or your brand with a lackluster delivery? Rebecca will teach you or your group the techniques used by political candidates, radio/TV personalities and the top sales pros in the country.
Here’s how it works:
There is a range of customized approaches. For example, each student can obtain a personal baseline assessment (see below). Coaching is interactive in a lecture/demonstration/application format. Each student gets one-on-one coaching in front of the other class members or in private. Sessions can range from 2 – 4 hour sessions with a follow session for maximum benefit. Fees are based on the size of the group and services requested.
- Baseline session – assesses one’s current level of presentation skill, identifies personal objectives, and analyzes audience feedback, review of videos (if available), a baseline recording and voice analysis.
- Coaching sessions (in person, by phone or Skype) per hour 1-2 times a week or once every other week depending on deadlines for improvement. Consistency is key! The average numbers of sessions are 4-8.